OVERVIEW – MINNESOTA-CROOKSTON
SCORES: Minnesota-Crookston Golden Eagles 4, Northwood Timberwolves 3
RECORDS: Northwood 6-6, Minnesota-Crookston 9-4
LOCATION: Osceola County Stadium – Kissimmee, Florida
RECAP: Northwood's five-game winning streak comes to an end in a 4-3 contest to Minnesota-Crookston Saturday afternoon (March 10).
- Northwood scored the opening run of the game in the top of the first inning – Colin McClelland had an RBI ground out that scored his brother Ryan McClelland to give the Timberwolves the early lead.
- After the Golden Eagles scored a pair in the bottom of the second inning, Northwood tied the score in the fourth thanks to Kyle Ziegler scoring on a wild pitch.
- Crookston came right back with a pair of runs in the bottom of the fifth to go up 4-2.
- Northwood got one back in the sixth inning on a double from David Vinsky that scored Brian Dombrowski to cut the advantage down to 4-3.
- The Timberwolves had chances to tie or take the lead in the final two innings, getting five runners on base but were unable to score.
- Runs/Hits/Errors Northwood: 3/12/0, Minnesota-Crookston: 4/7/1
- Runners Left on Base: Northwood: 15, Minnesota-Crookston: 5
- Bases on Balls: Northwood 2, Minnesota-Crookston 2
- Winning Pitcher: Graeme Cherry (1-0) 1 2/3 IP, 3 H, R, K
- Losing Pitcher: Colin Moran (0-1) 3 1/3 IP, 4 H 2 R, 5 K
- Save: Zach Seipel (4) IP, 2 H, 2 K
TOP NU PERFORMERS
- Vinsky: 3-3, 2 2B, RBI
- Dombrowksi: 4-5, 2 2B, RBI
- Ryan Palmer: 2-5, 2B
- Vinsky's two doubles give him 33 for his career, which is good for fifth in program history in just his sophomore season.
- Minnesota-Crookston extended their winning streak to eight games with the victory.
- Northwood will play Mansfield Saturday night (March 11) at 6:30 p.m.