OVERVIEW – HILLSDALE
SCORE: Hillsdale Chargers 12, Northwood Timberwolves 6
RECORDS: Northwood 30-14 /Hillsdale 21-25
LOCATION: Simpson Stadium – Hillsdale, Mich.
RECAP: Northwood drops a 12-6 contest at Hillsdale to close out the non-conference portion of their schedule Tuesday afternoon (May 1).
GAME ONE HIGHLIGHTS
- On a warm day with the wind blowing out, the Timberwolves got off to a fast start in the first inning. Colin McClelland and Javier Martinez hit back-to-back home runs to give Northwood a 3-0 lead after the opening inning.
- Hillsdale responded over the next three innings, scoring one in the first, five in the second and two in the third. The Chargers had a three-run triple and a pair of two-run homers in that stretch to lead 8-3.
- Northwood got one back in the top of the fourth on an RBI single by Ryan McClelland to cut the Chargers lead to 8-4.
- HC kept hitting through the middle innings, plating one in the fourth, one in the fifth and two in the seventh to go up 12-4.
- The Timberwolves finished the game with two runs in the ninth to round out the scoring. Keaton Sackett had an RBI single, which was followed by David Vinsky scoring on a wild pitch.
- Runs/Hits/Errors – Northwood: 6/10/0, Wayne State: 12/15/1
- Runners Left on Base – Northwood: 5, Wayne State: 5
- Winning Pitcher – Chris Dunn (1-2): 5 IP, 8 H, 4 R, 4 K, 2 BB
- Losing Pitcher – Thomas Johnston (0-1) IP, 4 H, 5 R, K, BB
TOP NU PERFORMERS
- C. McClelland: 2-5, HR, 2 RBI, R
- Martinez: 2-4, HR, RBI, R
- Ziegler: 2-4, 2B, R
- R. McClelland: 2-3, RBI, R
- Northwood will finish the regular season with a series at Saginaw Valley, starting Friday (May 4). First pitch is set for 4 p.m.