OVERVIEW – PARKSIDE (TWO SEVEN INNING GAMES)
SCORES: Northwood Timberwolves 4, Parkside Rangers 0/Parkside 2, Northwood 1
RECORDS: Northwood 19-11, 5-6 GLIAC/Parkside 5-18, 1-10 GLIAC
LOCATION: Simmons Field – Kenosha, Wisc.
RECAP: Max Bain tosses a no-hitter in game one as baseball splits doubleheader at Parkside Saturday afternoon (April 6).
GAME ONE HIGHLIGHTS
- Northwood got on the board first in the top of the third inning, as Colin McClelland scored on a wild pitch.
- NU rounded out the scoring in the fourth. Michael Karam singled to score Connor to make the score 2-0.
- The Timberwolves then made it 4-0 on a two-run single by Cole Brooks.
- The story of the game proved to be senior pitcher Max Bain, who finished off a no-hitter for the Timberwolves. He struck out nine in seven innings of work while walking three.
GAME ONE STATS
- Runs/Hits/Errors – Northwood: 4/8/0, Parkside: 0/0/2
- Runners Left on Base – Northwood: 5, Parkside: 2
- Winning Pitcher – Max Bain (5-0): 7 IP, 0 H 0 R, 3 BB, 9 K
- Losing Pitcher – Jarrett Rossiano (0-2): 7 IP, 8 H, 4 R (1 ER), 0 BB, 5 K
TOP NU PERFORMERS
- Connor Kin: 3-3, R
- Brooks: 2 RBI
GAME TWO HIGHLIGHTS
- All of the scoring in the game occurred in the third inning. The Timberwolves took the lead 1-0 on a Brooks sacrifice fly.
- Parkside, who did not have a hit in either game until the third inning, pushed across a pair on the bottom of the inning to go up 2-1.
- The Timberwolves had plenty of chances to score, finishing the game with an 8-4 edge in hits. But Northwood left seven runners on back for the contest and were unable to tie the score.
GAME TWO STATS
- Runs/Hits/Errors – Northwood: 1/8/0, Parkside: 2/4/0
- Runners Left on Base – Northwood: 7, Parkside: 4
- Winning Pitcher – Nicholas Rana (2-4): 6 1/3 IP, 8 H, R, BB, 4 K
- Losing Pitcher – Zach Smith (1-2): 4 1/3 IP, 2 H, 2 R, 3 BB, 4 K
TOP NU PERFORMERS
- Northwood and Parkside will conclude their four-game set with a nine-inning game Sunday (April 7). Game time has been moved up to 11 a.m. Eastern time.