OVERVIEW – TIFFIN
SCORES: Tiffin Dragons 8, Northwood Timberwolves 1
RECORDS: Northwood 3-1, Tiffin 1-0
LOCATION: Wilson, N.C. – Fleming Field
RECAP: Northwood baseball drops first game of the season Thursday afternoon (March 4), falling 8-1 to Tiffin.
- Tiffin got the scoring going with a two-out rally in the bottom of the third. NU retired the first two batters of the inning and had the third hitter down 0-2, but the Dragons followed with a double and a home run to go up 2-0.
- Northwood cut the lead to one in the top of the fifth on a sacrifice fly by Carson Longstreth to score Connor Kin.
- The key inning of the game came in the top of the fifth when the Dragons took advantage of wildness by the NU pitchers. Tiffin scored four runs on just one hit, thanks to four walks and a hit batter. That rally made the score 6-1.
- The Dragons added two more in the eighth inning to close out the win.
- NU had chances down the stretch to cut into the lead but left six runners on base in the final three innings.
- Runs/Hits/Errors Northwood: 1/8/2, Tiffin: 8/10/2
- Runners Left on Base: Northwood: 10, Tiffin: 7
- Winning Pitcher: Michael Ross: (1-0): 5 IP, 4 H, R, BB, 5 Ks
- Losing Pitcher: Tyler Frankhouse (0-1): 4 1/3 IP, 5 H, 4 R, 2 BB, 5 Ks
TOP NU PERFORMERS
- Kin: 2-3, R
- David Jeffer: 2-4, 2B
- Longstreth: RBI
- Northwood will play a pair against Cedarville Friday (March 5), starting at 10 a.m.