OVERVIEW – DAVENPORT (GLIAC TOURNAMENT)
SCORES: #1 Davenport Panthers 8, #3 Northwood Timberwolves 4
RECORDS: Northwood (27-15), Davenport (28-14)
LOCATION: Jackson Field – Lansing, Mich.
RECAP: Third-seeded Northwood baseball is eliminated from the GLIAC Tournament after an 8-4 loss to top-seeded Davenport Friday afternoon (May 21).
- Northwood scored the first run of the game in the second inning thanks to a David Jeffers RBI double that plated Conner Kin.
- Davenport wasted no time responding in the bottom of the second, which proved to be the key part of the game. The Panthers plated six runs on five hits and an NU error to go up 6-1.
- The Timberwolves came right back with a pair of runs in the third, starting with a Cole Brooks RBI single.
- Rhett Evans followed with an RBI double to make the score 6-3.
- DU came right back once again, however, matching Northwood with two runs in the bottom of the third to get the lead back to five at 8-3.
- The score remained that way until the top of the eighth when the Timberwolves scored on a wild pitch that brought home Evans.
- That was as close as the Timberwolves got, as the Panthers held NU off the board the rest of the way to give Davenport the victory.
- Runs/Hits/Errors: Davenport 8/12/0, Northwood 4/6/2
- Runners left on base: Davenport 8, Northwood 8
- Winning Pitcher – James Kohl (7-2): 6 2/3 IP, 4 H, 3 R, 4 BB, 10 K
- Losing Pitcher – Logan Lee (6-2): 1 1/3 IP, 5 H, 6 R, 2 BB
TOP NU PERFORMERS
- Evans: 2-4, 2B, R, RBI
- Jeffers/Brooks: H, RBI
- Tyler Frankhouse: 4 IP, 2 H, BB, 2 K
- Northwood will await the NCAA Tournament field announcement, which takes place Sunday night (May 23) at 10 p.m. The Timberwolves were ranked third in the latest regional poll, with six teams from each region making the event.