OVERVIEW – DAVENPORT (NCAA TOURNAMENT)
SCORES: #3 Davenport Panthers 16, #6 Northwood Timberwolves 1
RECORDS: Northwood 28-16, Davenport 31-15
LOCATION: Lou Brock Sports Complex – St. Charles, Mo. (Lindenwood University)
RECAP: Sixth-seeded baseball drops 16-1 contest to No. 3 Davenport Friday night (May 29) at the NCAA Midwest Regional.
- After a scoreless opening inning, Davenport put together the key rally of the contest in the second. The Panthers plated six runs on four hits in the frame. NU mistakes were also a key part of the rally, as the Timberwolves had two passed balls, a hit batter, a wild pitch and three walks.
- Davenport added runs in the fifth and the sixth to go up 8-0.
- The Panthers kept the momentum going in the seventh, added five runs to make the lead 13-0.
- DU put one more on the board in the eighth.
- Northwood scored their first run of the game in the bottom of the eighth. Jacob Rybicki led off the inning with a double and later scored on an RBI groundout from Cole Brooks.
- Davenport added two more in the ninth to make the final score 16-1.
- Runs/Hits/Errors: Davenport 16/16/0, Northwood 1/6/1
- Runners left on base: Davenport 11, Northwood 8
- Winning Pitcher – James Kohl (8-2): 7 2/3 IP, 6 H, R, 4 BB, 8 K
- Losing Pitcher – Alan LaBov (5-1): 1 2/3 IP, 4 H, 6 R (5 ER), 2 BB, K
TOP NU PERFORMERS
- Briggs: 2-4
- Rybicki: 1-3, 2B, R
- Brooks: RBI
- Northwood will now play in an elimination game versus fourth-seeded Lindenwood Saturday (May 29). First pitch is set for Noon (ET).