OVERVIEW – LINDENWOOD (NCAA TOURNAMENT)
SCORES: #6 Northwood Timberwolves 7, #4 Lindenwood Lions 5
RECORDS: Northwood 29-16, Lindenwood 34-9
LOCATION: Lou Brock Sports Complex – St. Charles, Mo. (Lindenwood University)
RECAP: Sixth-seeded baseball stays alive at the NCAA Midwest Regional by eliminating No. 4 seed and host Lindenwood 7-5 Saturday (May 29).
- Northwood started fast in the first inning, plating a pair of runs. David Jeffers got Northwood on the board with an RBI single to score Jacob Rybicki, who led the game off with a double.
- Later in the inning, Matt Magno brought home Jeffers on a sacrifice fly to make the score 2-0.
- Lindenwood came right back with three runs in the bottom of the first to go up 3-2.
- The Timberwolves came right back in the top of the second, starting with an RBI single by Khale Showers to score Rhett Evans
- Rybicki then gave Northwood back the lead at 4-3 with an RBI single.
- The Lions scored single runs in the fourth and the fifth to go back on top 5-4.
- NU tied the score in the top of the sixth on a Rhett Evans RBI single.
- Northwood then took the lead in the seventh thanks to a sacrifice fly by Cole Brooks.
- Later in the seventh, Magno followed with a run-scoring double to get the lead up to two at 7-5.
- Lindenwood got runners on base in both the eight and the ninth innings, but Derek Clark held the Lions off the scoreboard to give the Timberwolves the win.
- Runs/Hits/Errors: Lindenwood 16/16/0, Northwood 1/6/1
- Runners left on base: Lindenwood 9, Northwood5
- Winning Pitcher – Logan Lee (7-2): 7 IP, 8 H, 5 R (4 ER), 2 BB, 6 K
- Losing Pitcher – Niko Marshall (5-2): 5 IP, 4 H, 3 R, BB, 2 K
- Save – Derek Clark (2): 2 IP, H, BB, K
TOP NU PERFORMERS
- Magno: 2-3, 2 2B, R, 2 RBIs
- Rybicki: 2-3, 2B, 2 R, RBI
- Jeffers: 2-5, 2B, 2 R, RBI
- Showers: 2-4, RBI
- Northwood will now play second-seeded Trevecca Nazarene later tonight (May 29) at 8 p.m. (ET). The winner of that game will advance to the regional finals.