SCORE: #2 Ferris State Bulldogs 44, Northwood Timberwolves 17
RECORDS: Ferris State (7-0, 5-0 GLIAC), Northwood (0-7, 0-4)
LOCATION: Top Taggart Field – Big Rapids, Mich.
RECAP: Northwood football falls at No. 2 Ferris State 44-17 Saturday afternoon (October 19).
INSIDE THE GAME
- Northwood got off to a strong start in the game, taking the opening kickoff and scoring a touchdown. Keyed by a 39-yard run by Jalen Lewis, the Timberwolves capped a 75-yard drive with a one-yard Lewis run to go up 7-0.
- FSU tied the game with a touchdown late in the first quarter, making the score 7-7 after one.
- The Bulldogs got a pair of touchdown in the second quarter to go up 21-7 before Northwood responded. After an NU missed field goal, the Timberwolves got one more chance with the ball late in the second quarter. Northwood went 32 yards in 10 plays and capped the opening half with a Parker Blust 20 yard field goal that made the score 21-10 at the break.
- Ferris State scored 10 straight points in the third quarter to push their lead to 31-10. The Bulldogs had the ball again but Northwood linebacker Dylan Zagula gave the Timberwolves back the ball at the FS 40 on an interception.
- NU then took the ball 40 yards on eight plays and capped the drive with a Nate Gomez 12-yard touchdown run that got Northwood back within two scores at 31-17.
- That proved to be the last time the Timberwolves would score in the game, however, as the Bulldogs closed out the win with 13 fourth quarter points.
- FIRST DOWNS: Ferris State 22, Northwood 14
- RUSHES-YARDS-TDS: Ferris State 42-221, Northwood 45-120
- PASSING YARDS (COM-ATT-TD-INT): Ferris State 263 (10-20-1-1), Northwood 95 (9-25-0-2)
- TOTAL OFFENSE, PLAYS-YARDS: Ferris State 62-484, Northwood 70-215
- TIME OF POSSESSION: Ferris State 25:54, Northwood 34:06
- Lewis: 12 carreis, 82 yards, TD
- Gomez: Rushing TD
- Zagula: Eight tackles, Interception
- Erik Santiago: 10 tackles
- The Timberwolves will host Wayne State Saturday (October 26). Game time is set for 1 p.m.