OVERVIEW – ASHLAND
SCORE: Ashland Eagles 64, Northwood Timberwolves 63
RECORDS: Northwood (1-8, 1-1 GLIAC) Ashland (6-1, 2-0 GLIAC)
LOCATION: Riepma Arena – Midland, Mich.
RECAP: Ashland posts comeback win in final moments to stun Northwood 64-63 Saturday afternoon (December 3).
- Both teams held the advantage in the first half at different points. The Timberwolves were up 21-15 with 9:30 remaining, but a late push by the Eagles gave Ashland the halftime lead. AU scored 10 of the final 12 points to go up 32-27 at the break.
- AU shot 52 percent from the floor in the half (13-25) while sinking four of their 11 attempts from behind the arc (36.4 percent). Northwood finished at 34.3 percent (12-35) overall and 23.1 percent from three-point range (3-13).
- Ashland extended their lead to a game-high nine points early in the second half, but the Timberwolves fought back. Nine straight points by Northwood made the score 40-40.
- The two teams battled back-and-fourth for the rest of the game. Both teams led by six at separate points. The Timberwolves were up 63-57 with just over a minute to go, but the Eagles finished the game with the final run of the contest. AU scored nine of the final 11 points of the game to earn the win.
- Northwood picked up their shooting in the second half, connecting on 54.5 percent from the floor (12-22) and 50.0 percent from beyond the arc (3-6).
- FG PERCENTAGE: Ashland .464 (26-56), Northwood .421 (24-57)
- 3-PT PERCENTAGE: Northwood .316 (6-19), Ashland .227 (5-22)
- FREE THROW PERCENTAGE: Northwood .750 (9-12), Ashland .583 (7-12)
- REBOUNDS: Northwood 40 (12 offensive), Ashland 30 (7 offensive)
- ASSISTS/TURNOVERS: Ashland 12/9, Northwood 13/14
TOP NU PERFORMERS
- Matt Crowl: 16 points, eight rebounds, two assists, two blocks
- Kyle Lamotte: 11 points, five rebounds, two steals
- Zach Allread: 10 points, 10 rebounds, three assists
- Nick Spitzley: 10 points
- Allread's double-double was the first of the sophomore's career.
- The Timberwolves will travel to Findlay on Thursday (Dec. 8), for a game against the Oilers. Tip-off is set for 7:30 p.m.