OVERVIEW – FERRIS STATE
SCORE: No. 20 Ferris State Bulldogs 107, Northwood Timberwolves 71
RECORDS: Ferris State (21-4, 15-3 GLIAC), Northwood (5-22, 3-15 GLIAC)
LOCATION: Riepma Arena – Midland, Mich.
RECAP: Northwood starts strong but No. 20 Ferris State takes over in 107-71 win over the Timberwolves Saturday (February 11).
- Ferris State got off to a scalding start, scoring 14 of the first 16 points to grab an early lead four minutes in. Northwood rebounded strongly, however, going on a 22-6 run to go ahead by three with by the halfway point.
- The Bulldogs would also respond with a bang, going from a four-point deficit to a 16-point lead by the end of the half with a 35-15 run.
- Ferris State shot 55.6 percent for the first (20-36), despite making just 28.6 percent of their three-point attempts (2-7).
- Northwood sunk 36.6 percent of their attempts from the floor, staying in striking distance making 40 percent of their three-point attempts (6-15).
- Ferris State's 18-7 run to begin the second half put the Bulldogs up 25 just over five minutes into the period.
- The lead would stay above 20 for much of the first ten minutes, though a 20-9 Northwood run cut the lead to 16 with eight minutes to go. FSU's lead was too large to overcome, however, as it was back up to 30 with three minutes to go.
- The Timberwolves shot nearly the same as they did in the first half, knocking down 36.7 percent of their shots (11-30), sinking 36.4 percent of their three-point attempts (4-11).
- The Bulldogs continued to shoot well from the field sinking 52.6 percent of their attempts from the field (20-38).
- FG PERCENTAGE: Ferris State .541 (40-74), Northwood .366 (26-71)
- 3-PT PERCENTAGE: Ferris State .235 (4-17), Northwood .385 (10-26)
- FREE THROW PERCENTAGE: Ferris State .852 (23-27), Northwood .643 (9-14)
- REBOUNDS: Ferris State 45 (10 offensive), Northwood 41 (14 offensive)
- ASSISTS/TURNOVERS: Ferris State 13/4, Northwood 12/12
- Ferris State dominated the specialty stats, finishing with a 68-26 edge in points in the paint, 17-0 advantage and 21-3 in points off turnovers.
TOP NU PERFORMERS
- Nick Spitzley: 16 points, 4-9 on three-pointers, five rebounds
- Zach Allread: 13 points, ten rebounds (second career double-double)
- Kyle Lamotte: 13 points, 3-8 on three-pointers, seven rebounds
- Matt Crowl: 10 points, four rebounds, one block
- The Timberwolves will host Wayne State Thursday (February 16). Game time is set for 8 p.m.