OVERVIEW – NEBRASKA (EXHIBITION)
SCORE: Nebraska Huskers 80, Northwood Timberwolves 62
RECORDS: Northwood (0-0), Nebraska (0-0)
LOCATION: Pinnacle Bank Arena – Lincoln, Nebraska
RECAP: Northwood leads for much of the first half before Nebraska posts an 80-62 win over the Timberwolves in exhibition action Tuesday night (November 7).
- Nebraska came out fast in the opening minutes, going up 10-2 less than three minutes into the game.
- That proved to be the Huskers largest lead of the opening half, however, as the Timberwolves played the Big Ten members tough over the final 17 minutes.
- NU took their first lead of the game at 17-15 and would go up by as many as six (27-21) in the half before Nebraska took a 35-33 lead at the break.
- Northwood shot 37.5 percent from the floor in the half (12-32) but connected on 6-13 from 3-point range (46.2 percent). Nebraska finished the half at 41.4 percent (12-29) overall and 2-10 from 3-point range (20.0 percent).
- Northwood tied the game on their first possession of the second half but that proved to be the final tie of the night.
- The Timberwolves trailed by nine (52-43) at the 11 minute mark. That proved to be the final time in the contest Northwood was within 10 points.
- Nebraska's lead stayed between 12 and 19 over the final 10 minutes of the contest.
- After a strong opening half from beyond the arc, Northwood went just 2-13 from 3-point range in the second half (15.4 percent).
- Overall, Northwood shot 24.4 percent in the half (10-41). Nebraska finished the second half at 55.2 percent (16-29) overall.
- FG PERCENTAGE: Northwood .301 (22-73), Nebraska .483 (28-58)
- 3-PT PERCENTAGE : Northwood .308 (8-26), Nebraska .278 (5-18)
- FREE THROW PERCENTAGE: Northwood .667 (10-15), Nebraska .792 (19-24)
- REBOUNDS: Northwood 50 (24 offensive), Nebraska 40 (Nine offensive)
- ASSISTS/TURNOVERS: Northwood 8/19, Nebraska 14/15
- POINTS IN THE PAINT: Northwood 24, Nebraska 44
- POINTS OFF TURNOVERS: Northwood 23, Nebraska 11
- SECOND CHANCE POINTS: Northwood 31, Nebraska 4
- FAST BREAK POINTS: Northwood 2, Nebraska 8
- BENCH POINTS: Northwood 39, Nebraska 10
TOP NU PERFORMERS
- Brad Schaub: 10 points, eight rebounds, two assists, two steals
- Nick Welch: Nine points, seven rebounds
- Kelvin Calhoun II: Eight points, four rebounds
- Trey McBride: Seven points, 10 rebounds
- The Timberwolves will open the regular season Friday (November 10) at Indianapolis. Tip-off is scheduled for 5:30 p.m.