OVERVIEW – WESTERN MICHIGAN
SCORE: Western Michigan Broncos 88, Northwood Timberwolves 59 (Exhibition for NU, regular season for WMU)
RECORDS: Northwood (2-2), Western Michigan (3-3)
LOCATION: University Arena – Kalamazoo, Michigan
RECAP: Western Michigan breaks away from Northwood in final nine minutes of first half in an 88-59 Bronco victory Saturday (November 25).
- Northwood was right with WMU for the majority of the opening half – the Timberwolves trailed 22-20 with less than nine minutes remaining in the first half.
- That is when the key run of the contest took place, as the Broncos scored 19 of the 21 points to make the lead 41-22.
- Western Michigan's lead eventually stood at 43-27 at the break.
- Northwood shot 29.4 percent from the floor in the opening half overall (10-34) and 20.0 percent from 3-point range (3-15). Western Michigan shot 50.0 percent overall (17-34).
- The Timberwolves also had seven more turnovers than the Broncos in the first half (8-1), which led WMU to a 12-0 edge in points off turnovers.
- The Broncos maintained control throughout the second half, as the Timberwolves got no closer than 16 in the final 20 minutes.
- Western Michigan's biggest lead of the game was 34.
- Northwood finished the second half at 36.7 percent (11-30), while Western Michigan heated up to 60.0 percent (18-30).
- FG PERCENTAGE: Northwood .328 (21-64), Western Michigan .547 (35-64)
- 3-PT PERCENTAGE : Northwood .222 (6-27), Western Michigan .235 (4-17
- FREE THROW PERCENTAGE: Northwood .688 (11-16), Western Michigan .875 (14-16)
- REBOUNDS: Northwood 28 (11 offensive), Western Michigan 44 (12 offensive)
- ASSISTS/TURNOVERS: Northwood 9/12, Western Michigan 14/10
TOP NU PERFORMERS
- Alec Marty: 17 points, 6-13 from the floor
- Bruno Solomun: 10 points, eight rebounds
- Trey McBride: Nine points
- This game was a regular season game for Western Michigan but an exhibition game for Northwood
- The Timberwolves will host their home opener Monday (November 27). Game time is set for 6 p.m.