OVERVIEW – FINDLAY
SCORE: #18 Findlay Oilers 84, Northwood Timberwolves 74
RECORDS: Northwood (2-3), Findlay (5-2)
LOCATION: Riepma Arena – Midland, MI.
RECAP: Findlay finishes game strong in 84-74 victory over Northwood Monday night (November 27).
- The two teams split the first 20 points of the contest in what was a back-and-forth affair in the first half.
- Findlay made the first push of the game to go up 27-19 with 6:50 to play.
- The Oilers lead would swell to as large as 35-22 before Northwood bounced back. NU scored eight of 10 points to cut the lead to four with 1:45 left to play. By the end of the stanza, the Timberwolves trailed 41-34.
- The Northwood shot 48.3 percent from the floor in the half (14-29), while Findlay finished at 53.1 percent (17-32).
- A 10-1 run to open the second half carried Northwood to the lead at 44-42 nearly four minutes into the second.
- The game remained tightly contested at the midway point. From the time the game was tied with 14:48 left to the 10-minute mark when Northwood held a 55-53 edge, the lead changed hands six times.
- After four more lead changes, Findlay eventually grabbed the game down the stretch. Seven unanswered points pushed the Oilers ahead 65-59 with 6:12 left.
- The Timberwolves trailed 79-74 with under two minutes to go when Findlay scored the final five points to close out the victory.
- NU ended the contest strong shooting 60.7 percent from the floor in the second half (17-28). UF were able to finish on top despite shooting 45.5 percent in the latter stanza (15-33).
- Findlay held the advantage in the second half thanks to making two more 3-pointers (5-3), five more free throws (8-3) and committing five fewer turnovers (7-2).
- FG PERCENTAGE: Findlay .492 (32-65), Northwood .544 (31-57)
- 3-PT PERCENTAGE: Findlay .500 (10-20), Northwood .438 (7-16)
- FREE THROW PERCENTAGE: Findlay .625 (10-16), Northwood .625 (5-8)
- REBOUNDS: Findlay 28 (9 offensive), Northwood 35 (8 offensive)
- ASSISTS/TURNOVERS: Findlay 18/8, Northwood 22/17
- POINTS IN THE PAINT: Findlay 36, Northwood 44
- POINTS OFF TURNOVERS: Findlay 20, Northwood 12
TOP NU PERFORMERS
- Kevin Calhoun: 16 points (career-high), three assists, three rebounds,
- Bruno Solomun: 16 points (career-high), eight rebounds, two assists
- Trey McBride: 12 points, five assists, one rebound, two steals
- The Timberwolves will travel to Northern Michigan Thursday (November 30). Game time is set for 6 p.m.