OVERVIEW – SAGINAW VALLEY
SCORE: Saginaw Valley State Cardinals 64, Northwood Timberwolves 53
RECORDS: Northwood (2-8, 0-5 GLIAC), Saginaw Valley (3-8, 1-4 GLIAC)
LOCATION: Riepma Arena – Midland, Mich.
RECAP: Saginaw Valley picked up a 64-53 win over Northwood Saturday night (December 16).
- The opening 14 minutes of the game was tight – neither team led by more than three points.
- Saginaw Valley finished the half strong, going on an 11-2 run to open up a 32-20 lead.
- Northwood made the final basket of the half to make the score 32-23 at the break. .
- SVSU shot 44.8 percent overall (13-29), compared to NU at 40.0 percent (10-25).
- Northwood fought back early in the second half, cutting the Cardinals lead down to two points twice.
- With SVSU leading 44-42, Saginaw Valley went on a 9-1 run to go up 53-43. Northwood got no closer than eight the rest of the way.
- Saginaw Valley shut down the Timberwolves from the floor in the second half, holding NU to 36.0 percent (9-25). SVSU shot 43.5 percent in the half (10-23).
- FG PERCENTAGE: Saginaw Valley .442 (23-52), Northwood .380 (19-50)
- 3-PT PERCENTAGE: Saginaw Valley .263 (5-19), Northwood .235 (4-17),
- FREE THROW PERCENTAGE: Saginaw Valley.765 (13-17), Northwood .611 (11-18)
- REBOUNDS: Saginaw Valley 38 (seven offensive), Northwood 27 (four offensive)
- ASSISTS/TURNOVERS: Saginaw Valley 6/14, Northwood 10/14
- POINTS IN THE PAINT: Saginaw Valley 30, Northwood 24
- POINTS OFF TURNOVERS: Saginaw Valley 15, Northwood 9
TOP NU PERFORMERS
- The Timberwolves will host Wisconsin-Parkside Tuesday (December 19). Game time is set for 7 p.m.