OVERVIEW – DAVENPORT
SCORE: Northwood Timberwolves 57, Davenport Panthers 52
RECORDS: Northwood (4-11, 1-7 GLIAC), Davenport (9-7, 3-5 GLIAC)
LOCATION: DU Student Center – Grand Rapids, Mich.
RECAP: Northwood steps up in the second half to earn a 57-52 road win over Davenport Thursday night (January 11).
- Northwood scored the first four points of the game in the opening 1:07 of the contest before going cold.
- The Timberwolves went over ten minutes without scoring, during which the Panthers out-scored NU 18-0 to go up 18-4.
- But Northwood responded with a run of their own, scoring the next 19 points in 6:47 to go up 23-18.
- The Timberwolves led 25-20 with less than 50 second remaining before the Panthers scored the final six points to go up 26-25 at the break. DU's final basket of the half came on a half-court 3-pointer at the buzzer.
- Northwood ended up shooting 31.4 percent overall in the half (11-35), while Davenport finished at 37.5 percent (9-24).
- The Timberwolves held a 7-0 edge in offensive rebounds in the opening half.
- Northwood got a dunk on their opening possession to go back on top. Davenport would tie the game in the second half but never lead.
- Northwood led by eight on four separate occasions for their biggest advantage of the game.
- The Panthers tied the game at 52-52 with 1:45 remaining when Northwood finished strong, scoring the final five points to close out the win
- Northwood shot the ball well from inside the arc in the second half, making 14-22 of their two-point attempts (63.6 percent). NU missed all seven of their 3-pointers in the half to finish at 48.3 percent overall (14-29).
- Davenport shot just 30.3 percent in the second half overall (10-33) while going 4-20 from beyond the arc (20.0 percent).
- FG PERCENTAGE: Davenport .333 (19-57), Northwood .391 (25-64)
- 3-PT PERCENTAGE: Davenport .276 (8-29), Northwood .130 (3-23)
- FREE THROW PERCENTAGE: Davenport .667 (6-9), Northwood .444 (4-9)
- REBOUNDS: Davenport 34 (five offensive), Northwood 49 (14 offensive)
- ASSISTS/TURNOVERS: Davenport 13/12, Northwood 12/15
- POINTS IN THE PAINT: Davenport 18, Northwood 34
- POINTS OFF TURNOVERS: Davenport 13, Northwood 20
- SECOND CHANCE POINTS: Davenport 0, Northwood 13
- BENCH POINTS: Davenport 13, Northwood 26
TOP NU PERFORMERS
- Trey McBride: 15 points, 7-13 from the floor, six rebounds, four steals
- Demitri Martin: 11 points, four rebounds
- Nate Georgeton: Eight points, nine rebounds, six assists
- Davenport entered the game ranked third in the GLIAC in scoring, averaging 79.8 points per game.
- The Timberwolves will host Wayne State Saturday night (December 13). Game time is set for 6 p.m.