OVERVIEW – MICHIGAN TECH
SCORE: Michigan Tech Huskies 75, Northwood Timberwolves 70
RECORDS: Northwood (9-15, 5-11 GLIAC), Northern Michigan (12-11, 9-7 GLIAC)
LOCATION: Riepma Arena – Midland, Mich.
RECAP: Northwood leads for over 26 minutes but falter late in a 75-70 loss at Michigan Tech Saturday (February 10).
- Both teams traded points to begin the contest as Northwood maintained a slim two-point edge by the halfway point.
- The Timberwolves soon distanced themselves with a 10-0 run, one that extended the lead to 28-16 with 7:00 left.
- Michigan Tech responded with a 13-6 run of their own to cut the lead down to two with 2:00 left.
- Northwood held firm though, making the spread stand at 35-29 at the break.
- The Timberwolves made 48.4 percent of their attempts from the floor (15-31), while the Huskies hit 48 percent of their shots (12-25)
- MTU brought NU's lead down to as low as two five minutes in, but the Timberwolves countered with an 11-4 run to build the spread back to nine at 51-42 near the 10:00 mark.
- A 14-5 response from Michigan Tech brought erased Northwood's lead and tied the game with six minutes to play.
- Two more ties would come in a thrilling final two minutes. In the end, the Huskies came out on top thanks to a 3-pointer with 31 seconds remaining that broke a 68-68 tie.
- Northwood shot 48.1 percent from the field on their attempts (13-27). Michigan Tech was more efficient in the second half, making 57.7 percent from the field (15-26).
- FG PERCENTAGE: Michigan Tech .529 (27-51), Northwood .483 (28-58)
- 3-PT PERCENTAGE: Michigan Tech .438 (7-16), Northwood .300 (6-20)
- FREE THROW PERCENTAGE: Michigan Tech .933 (14-15), Northwood .800 (8-10)
- REBOUNDS: Michigan Tech 24 (8 offensive), Northwood 31 (14 offensive)
- ASSISTS/TURNOVERS: Michigan Tech 13/11, Northwood 15/12
- POINTS IN THE PAINT: Michigan Tech 30, Northwood 26
- POINTS OFF TURNOVERS: Michigan Tech 14, Northwood 11
TOP NU PERFORMERS
- David Jelinek: 17 points, 8-11 from the floor
- Trey McBride: 14 points, 6-9 from the floor
- Nick Spitzley: 11 points
- Demitri Martin: 10 points, six rebounds
- The Timberwolves will host Davenport Thursday (February 15). Game time is set for 8 p.m.