OVERVIEW – TIFFIN
SCORE: Northwood Timberwolves 85, Tiffin 75 (OT)
RECORDS: Northwood (11-16, 7-12 GLIAC), Tiffin (7-20, 3-16 GLIAC)
LOCATION: Gilmour Center – Tiffin, Ohio
RECAP: Northwood puts up 17 points in overtime to earn an 85-75 win over Tiffin Thursday night (February 22).
- Northwood got off to a good start, leading 16-6 with under 12 minutes remaining in the first half.
- Tiffin responded with an 11-0 run to go up 17-16 at the seven-minute mark.
- The remainder of the half was tight, which ended with the score tied 31-31.
- Northwood shot 37.9 percent overall in the half (11-29), while Ashland finished at 50.0 percent (12-24).
- The second half was also tight, but Northwood appeared ready to close out the win late. NU led 68-62 with less than 40 seconds remaining.
- But the Dragons did not stop fighting, connecting on a pair of 3-pointers down the stretch to force overtime.
- Northwood ended up shooting 44.8 percent from the floor in the half (13-29), compared to Tiffin at 35.3 percent (12-34).
- Northwood made 3-pointers on back-to-back possessions to start overtime to take control.
- Tiffin got no closer than five points the rest of the way.
- After struggling for much of the game, Northwood got hot in the extra session. NU was 3-4 from the floor, 2-3 from 3-point range and 9-10 from the foul line.
- Tiffin shot 2-8 from the floor (25.0 percent) and 3-4 from the foul line in the extra session.
- FG PERCENTAGE: Tiffin .394 (26-66), Northwood .435 (27-62)
- 3-PT PERCENTAGE: Tiffin .310 (9-29), Northwood .455 (10-22)
- FREE THROW PERCENTAGE: Tiffin .636 (14-22), Northwood .724 (21-29)
- REBOUNDS: Tiffin 40 (10 offensive), Northwood 43 (nine offensive)
- ASSISTS/TURNOVERS: Tiffin 14/12, Northwood 14/14
- POINTS IN THE PAINT: Tiffin 30, Northwood 34
- POINTS OFF TURNOVERS: Tiffin 11, Northwood 15
TOP NU PERFORMERS
- Zach Allread: 27 points, 13 rebounds (both career-highs)
- Trey McBride: 22 points, eight rebounds, four assists, two blocks, two steals
- Alec Marty: 21 points (matches career-high), 5-5 from 3-point range.
- Coming down the final day of the regular season, Northwood is still alive for the GLIAC Tournament. NU needs to win at Ashland and have Saginaw Valley lose at Tiffin for the Timberwolves to make the field.
- The Timberwolves will travel to Ashland Saturday (February 22). Game time is set for 3 p.m.