OVERVIEW – INDIANAPOLIS (GLIAC/GLVC CHALLENGE – HOSTED BY SVSU)
SCORE: Indianapolis Greyhounds 71, Northwood Timberwolves 59
RECORDS: Northwood (0-1), Indianapolis (1-0)
LOCATION: O'Neil Arena – University Center, Mich.
RECAP: Northwood opens their 2018-19 season with a 71-59 loss against Indianapolis Friday night (November 9).
- Northwood's offense struggled early on, as the Timberwolves trailed 9-2 four minutes into the contest.
- After trailing 21-11, NU bounced back to get the lead back down to four at 22-18 with less than six minutes remaining in the half.
- UINDY finished the half strong, eventually taking a 34-22 at the break.
- The Timberwolves' offense struggled to get its rhythm in the first half, shooting 21.6 percent overall (8-37) and 20.0 percent from 3-point range (2-10).
- Indianapolis ended the half at 32.3 percent overall (10-31) and 33.3 percent from beyond the 3-point arc (4-12).
- Indianapolis maintained a comfortable lead for the majority of the half, going up by as many as 21
- Northwood fought back in the final minutes, getting the lead down to seven with 52 seconds remaining before the Greyhounds finished out the win.
- The Timberwolves were better from the floor in the second half, shooting 44.4 percent (16-34) and 41.7 percent from 3-point range (5-12).
- Indianapolis also improved after the break, ending the final 20 minutes at 50.0 percent (12-24).
- FG PERCENTAGE: Indianapolis .400 (22-55), Northwood .329 (24-73)
- 3-PT PERCENTAGE: Indianapolis .389 (7-18), Northwood .318 (7-22)
- FREE THROW PERCENTAGE: Indianapolis .625 (20-32), Northwood .308 (4-13)
- REBOUNDS: Indianapolis 46 (seven offensive), Northwood 49 (17 offensive)
- ASSISTS/TURNOVERS: Indianapolis 10-/12, Northwood 13/11
TOP NU PERFORMERS
- Jack Ammerman: 17 points, 6-15 from the floor, 4-9 from 3-point range
- Trey McBride: 15 points, seven rebounds
- Alec Marty: 15 points, seven rebounds
- Danny Kolp: Eight points, 10 rebounds
- The Timberwolves will take on No. 1 Bellarmine Saturday (November 10) at SVSU. Game time is set for 5 p.m.