OVERVIEW – ALASKA ANCHORAGE
SCORE: Northwood Timberwolves 83, Alaska Anchorage 77
RECORDS: Northwood (1-2), Alaska Anchorage (3-2)
LOCATION: Alaska Airlines Center – Anchorage, Alaska
RECAP: Northwood earned their first win of the season Friday night (November 16), defeating Alaska Anchorage 83-77.
- Northwood took the lead at 8-7 early and would not trail the rest of the way.
- The Timberwolves went on a 12-2 run to go on top 20-9 nine minutes into the game.
- NU led by as many as 17 before taking a 46-33 lead at halftime.
- The Timberwolves finished the opening 20 minutes shooting 47.5 percent overall (19-49) while going 6-16 from 3-point range (37.5 percent).
- Alaska Anchorage ended the half at 34.5 percent overall (10-29) and 30.0 percent from beyond the 3-point arc (3-10).
- The Seawolves never led in the second half, but they made a big push down the stretch.
- Northwood led by 11 with under 11 minutes remaining (67-56), but a 15-4 run by Anchorage tied the score at 71-71 with under four minutes remaining.
- The Timberwolves finished strong, scoring 12 of the final 18 points to close out the win.
- Anchorage had a strong second half offensively, shooting 59.3 percent from the floor (59.3 percent).
- Northwood finished the second half at 47.6 percent overall (10-21) and 50.0 percent from 3-point range (5-10).
- FG PERCENTAGE: Alaska Anchorage .464 (26-56), Northwood .476 (29-61)
- 3-PT PERCENTAGE: Alaska Anchorage .368 (7-19), Northwood .423 (11-26)
- FREE THROW PERCENTAGE: Alaska Anchorage .692 (18-26), Northwood .636 (14-22)
- REBOUNDS: Alaska Anchorage 36 (11 offensive), Northwood 33 (Nine offensive)
- ASSISTS/TURNOVERS: Alaska Anchorage 19/11, Northwood 17/8
TOP NU PERFORMERS
- Jakavien Lewis: 14 points, nine assists, seven rebounds
- Jack Ammerman: 14 points, 4-7 from 3-point range
- Danny Kolp: 12 points, four rebounds
- Trey McBride/David Jelinek/Alec Marty: 10 points each
- David Jelinek: 10 points, two rebounds
- The Timberwolves will take on Alaska Fairbanks Saturday (November 17). Game time is set for 4 p.m.