OVERVIEW – ALASKA FAIRBANKS
SCORE: Alaska Fairbanks Nanooks 84, Northwood Timberwolves 79
RECORDS: Northwood (1-3), Alaska Fairbanks (1-4)
LOCATION: Alaska Airlines Center – Anchorage, Alaska
RECAP: Northwood dropped an 84-79 neutral site contest to Alaska Fairbanks Saturday afternoon (November 17).
- Northwood led 8-3 early, but Fairbanks went on to lead the remainder of half.
- The Timberwolves trailed by 10 before cutting the advantage down to three, but the Nanooks finished the half strong to take a 42-31 lead to the break.
- NU struggled from the floor in the opening 20 minutes, going 7-25 from the floor (28.0 percent) overall and 2-10 from 3-point range (20.0 percent).
- Fairbanks finished the opening half at 45.1 percent (14-31) while making 6-9 from beyond the arc (66.7 percent).
- Fairbanks maintained the lead throughout the second half despite a number of pushes by the Timberwolves.
- The advantage was no bigger than 11 points in the second half, but Northwood got no closer than three down the stretch.
- Fairbanks went 13-29 from the floor in the second half (44.8 percent) while going 14-18 from the foul line (77.8 percent)
- Northwood finished the second half at 47.2 percent from the floor (17-36) and 2-8 from 3-point range (25.0 percent). The Timberwolves connected on 12-15 from the foul line (80.0 percent).
- FG PERCENTAGE: Alaska Fairbanks .450 (27-60), Northwood .393 (24-61)
- 3-PT PERCENTAGE: Alaska Fairbanks .471 (8-17), Northwood .222 (4-18)
- FREE THROW PERCENTAGE: Alaska Fairbanks .710 (22-31), Northwood .750 (27-36)
- REBOUNDS: Alaska Fairbanks 38 (14 offensive), Northwood 37 (16 offensive)
- ASSISTS/TURNOVERS: Alaska Fairbanks 20/10, Northwood 14/13
TOP NU PERFORMERS
- The Timberwolves will host their home opener Wednesday night (November 21) against Walsh. Game time is set for 6 p.m.