OVERVIEW – WALSH
SCORE: Northwood Timberwolves 88, Walsh Cavaliers 75
RECORDS: Northwood (2-3), Walsh (2-3)
LOCATION: Riepma Arena – Midland, Mich.
RECAP: Northwood earned an 88-75 win in their home opener over Walsh Wednesday night (November 21).
- Northwood got off to a slow start, allowing Walsh to score 10 of the first 12 points of the game.
- The Timberwolves responded with a run of their own, scoring 16 of the next 18 points to go up 18-12.
- NU was the better team the remainder of the half, leading by as many as 12 before taking a 46-39 lead at halftime
- The Timberwolves' offense was the story of the first half, shooting 65.4 percent overall (17-26) and 57.1 percent from 3-point range (8-14).
- Walsh ended the half at 42.4 percent (14-33) overall and 41.7 percent from 3-point range (5-12).
- The Cavaliers cut the lead to three early in the second half, but that is as close as they would come the rest of the way.
- Northwood led by as many as 27 points. The final margin of 13 points was as close as the Cavaliers got in the final 12:13.
- The Timberwolves shot 42.1 percent in the second half (16-38), compared to Walsh at 33.3 percent (13-39).
- FG PERCENTAGE: Walsh .375 (27-72), Northwood .516 (33-64)
- 3-PT PERCENTAGE: Walsh .323 (10-31), Northwood .462 (12-26)
- FREE THROW PERCENTAGE: Walsh .917 (11-12), Northwood .769 (10-13)
- REBOUNDS: Walsh 38 (16 offensive), Northwood 42 (12 offensive)
- ASSISTS/TURNOVERS: Walsh 11/10, Northwood 20/17
TOP NU PERFORMERS
- Demitri Martin: 14 points, 4-5 from 3-point range
- Ja'Kavien Lewis: 10 points, nine assists, eight rebounds
- Alec Marty: 13 points, five assists five rebounds
- Trey McBride/David Jelinek: 12 points
- Zach Allread: 11 points
- The Timberwolves will travel to No. 14 Findlay Monday (November 26). Game time is set for 6 p.m.