OVERVIEW – FERRIS STATE
SCORE: Northwood Timberwolves 97, Ferris State Bulldogs 78
RECORDS: Northwood (4-5, 2-1 GLIAC), Ferris State Bulldogs (5-6, 1-2 GLIAC)
LOCATION: Wink Arena – Midland, Mich.
RECAP: Northwood drops 97-78 contest at defending national champion Ferris State Thursday night (December 6).
- Ferris State set the tone for the first half right away, scoring 10 of the first 12 points of the game.
- FSU continued rolled through the rest of the half, eventually taking a 63-37 lead at the break.
- The Bulldogs shot the ball extremely well in the opening half, going 25-40 overall (62.5 percent) and 10-15 from 3-point range (66.7 percent).
- Northwood finished the opening half shooting 37.1 percent (13-35).
- Northwood played much better in the second half but was unable to complete the comeback.
- After trailing by as many as 26, NU cut the lead in half at 91-78 with 2:12 to go. That is as close as the Timberwolves would get, however, as the Bulldogs closed out the win.
- NU made 48.6 percent of their attempts after the break (17-35) but went just 1-9 from 3-point range.
- FSU finished the second half at 46.7 percent (14-30) overall.
- FG PERCENTAGE: Ferris State .557 (39-70), Northwood .429 (30-70)
- 3-PT PERCENTAGE: Ferris State .565 (13-23), Northwood .211 (4-19)
- FREE THROW PERCENTAGE: Ferris State .565 (13-23), Northwood .667 (14-21)
- REBOUNDS: Ferris State 44 (12 offensive), Northwood 40 (12 offensive)
- ASSISTS/TURNOVERS: Ferris State 23/11, Northwood 13/10
TOP NU PERFORMERS
- Ja'Kavien Lewis: 23 points (career-high), four assists
- David Jelinek: 13 points, 13 rebounds (career-high), first career double-double
- Jack Ammerman: 12 points
- Alec Marty: 11 points
- Trey McBride: 10 points
- The Timberwolves will travel to Lake Superior State Saturday (December 8). Tip-off is set for 1 p.m.