OVERVIEW – LEWIS
SCORE: Lewis Flyers 83, Northwood 69
RECORDS: Northwood (6-5), Lewis (9-5)
LOCATION: Neil Carey Arena – Romeoville, Ill.
RECAP: Lewis controls the final 10 minutes of the game in an 83-69 win over Northwood Sunday afternoon (December 30).
- Northwood started the game strong, scoring eight of the first 10 points of the contest.
- Lewis made a run late in the half, eventually going up by as many as 12 before settling for a 42-36 edge at the break.
- Both teams shot it well in the opening 20 minutes – NU finished at 50 percent from the floor (15-30) while Lewis ended up at 53.3 percent (15-30).
- The Flyers held the lead at the break in part thanks to going 5-8 from the foul line while the Timberwolves did not shoot any free throws in the half.
- In the opening 10 minutes of the second half, the game remained tight.
- Lewis led 60-59 with 10 minutes remaining before the Flyers took over, out-scoring NU 23-9 the remainder of the game.
- Lewis' offense in the second half was efficient, going 18-29 from the floor (62.1 percent).
- The Timberwolves ended the half at 48.0 percent (12-25).
- FG PERCENTAGE: Lewis .576 (34-59), Northwood .491 (27-55)
- 3-PT PERCENTAGE: Lewis .429 (6-14), Northwood ..400 (8-20)
- FREE THROW PERCENTAGE: Lewis .563 (9-16), Northwood .583 (7-12)
- REBOUNDS: Lewis 28 (six offensive), Northwood 31 (eight offensive)
- ASSISTS/TURNOVERS: Lewis 19/10, Northwood 12/19
TOP NU PERFORMERS
- Trey McBride: 17 points, five rebounds, three steals
- Alec Marty: 17 points, 3-5 from 3-point ranges
- Ja'Kavien Lewis: 13 points, five rebounds.
- The Timberwolves will travel to Parkside Thursday (January 3). Game time is set for 8:30 p.m. (ET).