OVERVIEW – CEDARVILLE
SCORE: Northwood Timberwolves 75, Cedarville Yellow Jackets 71
RECORDS: Northwood (4-2), Cedarville (2-4)
LOCATION: Riepma Arena – Midland, Mich.
RECAP: Men's Basketball posts their fourth straight win Tuesday night (November 26), defeating Cedarville 75-71.
- The opening 20 minutes of the game proved to be tight
- There were six ties and five lead changes in the half, which ended with Cedarville on top 35-33.
- The Yellow Jackets shot the ball much better than the Timberwolves in the first half, as CU ended the half at 50.0 percent (13-26), compared to Northwood at 36.8 percent (14-38).
- Northwood stayed close thanks to grabbing 14 offensive rebounds, which allowed the Timberwolves to get off 12 more field goal attempts in the half.
- The game remained close throughout the final 20 minutes as well – the largest lead of the game proved to be seven points. NU held that lead at 51-11 with 13:20 remaining.
- Cedarville came back to take the lead at 64-63 with under four minutes to go.
- The score was tied 71-71 when the biggest play of the game happened – senior David Jelinek converted a three-point play that put the Timberwolves on top 74-71 with 1:11 remaining.
- NU's defense finished strong, holding the Yellow Jackets off the board in the remainder of the game to earn the win.
- FG PERCENTAGE: Cedarville .431 (25-58), Northwood .420 (29-69)
- 3-PT PERCENTAGE: Cedarville .400 (8-20), Northwood .250 (7-28)
- FREE THROW PERCENTAGE: Cedarville .929 (13-14), Northwood .833 (10-12)
- REBOUNDS: Cedarville 35 (14 offensive), Northwood 40 (20 offensive)
- ASSISTS/TURNOVERS: Cedarville 15/10, Northwood 13/7
- POINTS IN THE PAINT: Cedarville 26, Northwood 42
- POINTS OFF TURNOVERS: Cedarville 3, Northwood 15
- SECOND CHANCE POINTS: Cedarville 14, Northwood 18
TOP NU PERFORMERS
- David Jelinek: 27 points (career-high), 11-12 from the floor, six rebounds, three assists
- Trey McBride/Danny Kolp: 10 points each
- The Timberwolves will travel to Northern Michigan Thursday (December 5) to open GLIAC play. Game time is set for 5:30 p.m.