OVERVIEW – #11 FERRIS STATE
SCORE: Ferris State Bulldogs 87, Northwood Timberwolves 68
RECORDS: Northwood (7-7, 2-4 GLIAC), Ferris State (16-2, 5-1 GLIAC)
LOCATION: Riepma Arena – Midland, Mich.
RECAP: Northwood men's basketball falls to No. 11 Ferris State 87-68 Thursday night (January 9).
- The opening half featured big runs for both teams in the final nine minutes of the half.
- With 8:43 remaining, Northwood led 22-20 when the Bulldogs made a push, scoring 19 of the next 24 points to go up 39-27.
- The Timberwolves responded in the final minutes, scoring 13 of the next 14 points to cut the lead to one at 41-40.
- FSU scored the final basket of the half to go up 43-40 at the break
- Both teams were efficient offensively in the first half – Ferris State went 18-33 overall (54.5 percent) while Northwood was 14-27 (51.9 percent).
- NU did go 5-10 percent from 3-point range while FSU was 3-10.
- Ferris State took control of the game in the opening 7:30 of the second half.
- FSU out-scored Northwood 19-6 in that stretch, taking a three point halftime lead and extending it to 62-46.
- Northwood got no closer than 14 the remainder of the game. Ferris State's 19 point advantage at the end of the game matched their biggest of the contest.
- The Bulldogs continued their strong shooting in the second half, going 13-23 overall (56.5 percent) and 4-7 from 3-point range (57.1 percent)
- Northwood fell back to 26.9 percent overall (7-26) while missing all seven of their 3-point attempts.
- The story of the second half was the foul line, as the two teams combined to shoot 35 free throws after the break (FSU – 14-17, NU – 14-18).
- FG PERCENTAGE: Ferris State .554 (31-56), Northwood .396 (21-53)
- 3-PT PERCENTAGE: Ferris State .412 (7-17), Northwood .294 (5-17)
- FREE THROW PERCENTAGE: Ferris State .750 (18-24), Northwood .750 (21-28)
- REBOUNDS: Ferris State 41 (12 offensive), Northwood 24 (Seven offensive)
- ASSISTS/TURNOVERS: Ferris State 14/23, Northwood 8/15
- POINTS IN THE PAINT: Ferris State 38, Northwood 28
- POINTS OFF TURNOVERS: Ferris State 19, Northwood 28
- SECOND CHANCE POINTS: Ferris State 12, Northwood 6
TOP NU PERFORMERS
- Ja'Kavien Lewis: 28 points (career-high), 9-15 from the floor, 3-5 from 3-point range, 7-8 from the foul line
- David Jelinek: 10 points.
- The Timberwolves will host Lake Superior State Saturday (January 11). Game time is set for 3 p.m.