OVERVIEW – ASHLAND
SCORE: Northwood Timberwolves 77, Ashland Eagles 71
RECORDS: Northwood (15-12, 10-9 GLIAC), Ashland (16-11, 9-10 GLIAC)
LOCATION: Riepma Arena - Midland, Mich.
RECAP: Northwood men's basketball leads for the final 32:30 of the game in a 77-71 victory over Ashland Saturday afternoon (February 22).
- The Eagles scored the opening five points of the game and led for the opening 3:57 of the game.
- Northwood went on top 9-7 with 12:30 remaining in the first half and would stay on top the remainder of the game.
- The Timberwolves used a 24-5 run over an 11 minute span to open up a 26-12 lead.
- NU eventually led 30-20 at the break.
- Ashland ended the first half shooting 37.5 percent overall (9-24) while making just 1-8 from 3-point range (12.5 percent).
- Northwood had similar numbers shoot as the Eagles, shooting 38.7 percent overall (12-31) while also going 1-8 from beyond the arc.
- NU had six fewer turnovers (8-2) to earn the lead at the break.
- Northwood got the lead up to as many as 19 in the second half but were unable to put the Eagles away.
- AU stayed within striking distance the remainder of the game but did not get any closer than seven until the last shot of the game made the final margin six.
- Both teams shot much better in the final 20 minutes – Ashland ended the second half at 58.8 percent from the floor (20-34) overall and 55.6 percent from the 3-point line (5-9).
- Northwood shot 53.3 percent in the half (16-30) while making 3-8 from beyond the arc (37.5 percent).
- FG PERCENTAGE: Ashland .500 (29-58), Northwood .459 (28-61)
- 3-PT PERCENTAGE: Ashland .353 (6-17), Northwood .250 (4-16)
- FREE THROW PERCENTAGE: Ashland .500 (7-14), Northwood .739 (17-23)
- REBOUNDS: Ashland 36 (11 offensive), Northwood 33 (10 offensive)
- ASSISTS/TURNOVERS: Ashland 16/15, Northwood 14/6
- POINTS IN THE PAINT: Ashland 42, Northwood 44
- POINTS OFF TURNOVERS: Ashland 7, Northwood 10
- SECOND CHANCE POINTS: Ashland 11, Northwood 13
- BENCH POINTS: Ashland 10, Northwood 5
TOP NU PERFORMERS
- Trey McBride: 23 points, eight rebounds, three steals, two blocks, two assists. Made 8 of his final 10 shots of the game (9-15 overall)
- Ja'Kavien Lewis: 16 points, five assists, three steals
- Jack Ammerman: 15 points
- David Jelinek: 10 points, three rebounds, three assists, two steals.
- The Timberwolves will finish the regular season at Saginaw Valley Thursday (February 22). Game time is set for 8 p.m.