OVERVIEW – LAKE SUPERIOR STATE
SCORE: Northwood Timberwolves 86, Lake Superior State Lakers 70
RECORDS: Northwood (5-8, 5-8 GLIAC), Lake Superior State (6-7, 6-7 GLIAC)
LOCATION: Riepma Arena – Midland, Mich.
RECAP: Northwood men's basketball rides huge start to second half to an 86-70 win over Lake Superior State Saturday (February 13)
- In a half of runs, Lake Superior State started fast, jumping out to a 13-5 lead just over five minutes into the game.
- Northwood responded with eight straight points to level the score 13-13 with under eight minutes remaining in the half.
- The Lakers scored nine of the next 11 points to go back up 22-15.
- LSSU eventually held a 28-25 lead at the break.
- The Timberwolves went 9-27 from the floor in the opening half (33.3 percent). NU did go 4-8 from 3-point range (50.0 percent) and 3-3 from the foul line.
- Lake Superior State went 11-25 from the floor (44.4 percent) while making 3-6 from 3-point range (50.0 percent) and 3-4 from the foul line (75.0 percent).
- Northwood started the second half with some of their best basketball of the season, thanks in large part to an efficient offense.
- The Timberwolves made their first nine shots and 13 of their first 14 field goal attempts to turn a three point halftime deficit into a 67-50 lead with under eight minutes remaining.
- The Northwood lead remained between 12 and 17 the remainder of the game.
- NU scored a season-high 61 points in the second half, thanks to shooting a blistering 76.0 percent from the floor (19-25). NU also was 4-6 from the 3-point line (66.7 percent) and 19-21 from the foul line (90.5 percent).
- LS finished the final 20 minutes at 45.2 percent overall (14-31). The Lakers were 2-9 from beyond the arc (22.2 percent) and 12-19 from the foul line (63.2 percent).
- FG PERCENTAGE: Lake Superior State .446 (22-56), Northwood .538 (28-52)
- 3-PT PERCENTAGE: Lake Superior State .333 (55-15), Northwood .571 (8-14)
- FREE THROW PERCENTAGE: Lake Superior State .652 (15-23), Northwood .917 (22-24)
- REBOUNDS: Lake Superior State 25 (Eight offensive), Northwood 33 (Seven offensive)
- ASSISTS/TURNOVERS: Lake Superior State 8/13., Northwood 12/17
- POINTS IN THE PAINT: Lake Superior State 40, Northwood 38
- POINTS OFF TURNOVERS: Lake Superior State 21, Northwood 15
- SECOND CHANCE POINTS: Lake Superior State 8, Northwood 10
- BENCH POINTS: Lake Superior State 2, Northwood 15
TOP NU PERFORMERS
- Jack Ammerman: 27 points (21 in the second half, 11-16 from the floor, 3-4 from 3-point range, five rebounds
- Evan Lowden: 22 points, seven rebounds, 7-8 from the floor, 2-2 from 3-point range, 6-7 from the foul line
- Quentin Richardson/Jean Pierre Frederick: 15 points each
- The Timberwolves will host rival Saginaw Valley Tuesday night (February 16). Game time is set for 7 p.m.