SCORE: Northern Michigan Wildcats 0, Northwood Timberwolves 3
RECORDS: Northern Michigan (5-9-2, 5-8-2 GLIAC), Northwood (11-3-3, 10-3-3 GLIAC)
LOCATION: Dean Field - Midland, Mich.
RECAP: Lawson scores two as Northwood finishes regular season with shutout of Wildcats
INSIDE THE GAME
- 16 minutes into the contest, junior Bryan Lawson saw an opportunity present itself on a giveaway by a Wildcat defender. From the right side, Lawson stole the ball, charged into the right side of the box and fired a shot past the Northern Michigan keeper, making it 1-0 Northwood.
- One minute into the second half, it was Lawson again kicking up a loose ball from his knee to his chest and sending it across to Brady Cole who deposited it into an empty cage for his second goal of the season adding to Northwood's lead and making it 2-0.
- Awarded a corner kick, junior James Vaughan looked to join the action and extend the lead. Booting it from the left flag, a Northern Michigan defender got a head on it aiming to clear the ball out of danger. However, while the ball was making its way out of the box, Lawson timed his kick right and booted the ball out of midair and sent a missile of a shot into the top right corner past a diving goalkeeper to make it a three-goal spread in the 51st minute.
- The Timberwolves would hold control for the remainder of the match and the score would not change, resulting in a 3-0 win for Northwood.
- SHOTS: Northwood 14, Northern Michigan 1
- SAVES: Northwood 3, Northern Michigan 1
- CORNER KICKS: Northwood 9, Northern Michigan 3
- FOULS: Northwood 12, Northern Michigan 12
- Of the 31 total goals Northwood scored this season, 20 came in the second half.
- This matchup along with the one on October 2nd were the first two between the programs in their respective histories. Northwood won that game 2-1.
- This is Northwood's fourth 10-win season the past five seasons after having just one from 2001-2011.
- The Timberwolves will play in the GLIAC Tournament starting on November 4th. The opponent and the time of the match are yet to be determined.