SCORE: Ohio Valley Fighting Scots 3, Northwood Timberwolves 0
RECORDS: Ohio Valley (3-0-1), Northwood (1-2-1)
LOCATION: Dean Field - Midland, Mich.
RECAP: Timberwolves drop home opener to Ohio Valley 3-0 Friday night (September 8).
INSIDE THE GAME
- The Fighting Scots came out of the gates energized and were rewarded with an early strike, taking a 1-0 lead at the in the fifth minute.
- Just a few moments later, Ohio Valley took advantage of a sluggish Timberwolf defense. On a turnover at the top of the box, Celso Riveros walked in and chipped the ball over the head of Cecchini to double the lead for the Fighting Scots in the eighth minute.
- Despite the slow start, Northwood finished the first half with a 5-3 edge in shots.
- Past the midway point through in the second half, the Fighting Scots put the game out of reach on another Northwood turnover. After NU fanned on a pass in the box, OVU had a 2-on-0 breakaway, which was converged to make the score 3-0.
- Teddy Stacey had the best chance to get the Timberwolves on the board in the first five minutes of the second half, turned away on a loose ball in the box.
- SHOTS: Ohio Valley 11, Northwood 8
- SAVES: Northwood 3, Ohio Valley 3
- CORNER KICKS: Northwood 2, Ohio Valley 2
- FOULS: Northwood 17, Ohio Valley 10
- This was the first matchup between the two schools in their respective program histories.
- Northwood had won six of its previous seven home openers dating back to 2010.
- The Timberwolves will host Alderson Broaddus on Sunday (September 10) for a game at Dean Field. Kick-off is set for noon.