OVERVIEW – ASHLAND
SCORE: Northwood Timberwolves 4, Ashland Eagles 2
RECORDS: Northwood (4-2-2, 2-0-1 GLIAC), Ashland (4-3, 0-3 GLIAC)
LOCATION: Ashland, Ohio – Ferguson Field
RECAP: Northwood rallies in the second half to earn the GLIAC road win at Ashland Sunday (September 24).
- Ashland was the first to strike for the early 1-0 lead at 5:13 in the game.
- Josh Wates received a pass from James Vaughan and found the back of the net to tie the game 1-1 at 27:51. The goal marked Wates' first goal of the season.
- The Eagles responded with a goal at 34:22 and reclaimed the lead, 2-1, before the end of the first half.
- The Timberwolves held the advantage in shots, 8-7, while the Eagles held the edge in corner kicks, 3-2. Both goalkeepers recorded 3 saves each in the first half of play.
- The second half was quiet until the 64th minute when the Northwood rally began. Vaughan scored an unassisted goal to tie the game, 2-2, which was good for his fifth goal of the season.
- Less than three minutes later, Jared Suddon scored his first goal of the season to give Northwood the 3-2 lead. Nino Evola was credited with the assist.
- Andrew Behring closed the game out at 89:16 when he put a pass from Austin Hobbs past the Ashland goalkeeper and gave the Timberwolves a 4-2 victory.
- The Northwood defense held strong in the second half, as Ashland was only allowed 4 shots. Northwood held a 14-4 advantage in shots, while both teams were tied at 2 corner kicks a piece.
- SHOTS: Northwood 22, Ashland 11
- SAVES: Ashland 7 (Ameer Mubarak), Northwood 5 (Corbin Cecchini)
- CORNER KICKS: Ashland 5, Northwood 4
TOP NU PERFORMERS
- Corbin Cecchini: 4 saves
- Suddon: 3 shots, 1 goal
- Vaughan: 5 shots, 1 goal
- The Timberwolves will return home for a conference match against Purdue Northwest (September 29). Game time is set for 1:30 p.m.