SCORE: Northwood Timberwolves 4, Tiffin Dragons 0
RECORDS: Northwood (10-3-2, 8-1-1 GLIAC), Tiffin (6-6-3, 4-4-2 GLIAC)
LOCATION: Paradiso Athletic Fields – Tiffin, Ohio
RECAP: Northwood shuts out Tiffin en route to convincing 4-0 victory Friday (October 20).
INSIDE THE GAME
- The Timberwolves jumped on the board early and did not look back. Austin Hobbs received a solid through ball from Brady Cole and sent it past the Tiffin goalkeeper for the 1-0 lead in the 16th minute.
- James Vaughan found his opportunity to score in the 26th minute as he fired one from 30 yards out and found the top right of the goal to make it a two-goal game.
- The Timberwolves were outshot 7-4 in the first half, but made the most of their opportunities with 2 goals and 3 shots on goal. The Dragons led in corners 4-2, while Northwood held a 5-1 advantage in saves.
- Northwood continued to add to its lead in the second half. Vaughan's free kick was blocked, but rebounded by Hobbs for his second goal of the day in the 60th minute.
- Lirim Shefkiu joined the scoring contingent in the 67th minute of play. A one-two between Hobbs and Shefkiu ended with Shefkiu placing the ball into the far right corner to give Northwood a 4-0 lead over the Dragons.
- Northwood held Tiffin to three shots in the second half.
- SHOTS: Northwood 14, Tiffin 10
- SAVES: Northwood 5, Tiffin 2
- CORNER KICKS: Tiffin 4, Northwood 3
- FOULS: Northwood 13, Tiffin 11
- Hobbs equaled his two goals for the season with two goals in today's match. His four goals now puts him second to Vaughan (8) on the team.
- Shefkiu recorded his first collegiate goal in his 13th game for the Timberwolves.
- The Timberwolves will travel to Purdue Northwest for a game against the Pride on Sunday (October 22). Game time is set for 1:00 p.m.