OVERVIEW – OHIO VALLEY
SCORE: No. 3 Ohio Valley Fighting Scots 3, No. 20 Northwood Timberwolves 2
RECORDS: Northwood 2-2, Ohio Valley 4-0
LOCATION: Schoenbaum Stadium – Charleston, W.V.
RECAP: No. 20 Northwood battles but falls to 3-2 No. 3 Ohio Valley Monday afternoon (September 10).
- After an uneventful 30 minutes of play, the game broke open with three goals in an eight minute stretch. OVU got on the board first at 30:19 for the 1-0 lead.
- Less than seven minutes later, NU's Andrew Behring found the back of the net off a cross from Nino Evola to level the score 1-1 at 37:15.
- The Fighting Scots responded quickly, scoring less than a minute later to take a 2-1 lead at the break. OVU held a 13-2 edge in shots in the opening 45 minutes.
- Behring came through again for Northwood less than seven minutes into the second half. His goal at 51:11 leveled the score 2-2.
- Once again, Ohio Valley responded, netting what proved to be the game-winning goal at 63:32.
- Northwood had chances down the stretch but were kept out of the net, giving the win to OVU.
- Shots: Northwood 10, Ohio Valley 22
- Saves: Northwood 7 (Corbin Cecchini), Ohio Valley 3 (Jorge Bravo)
- Corner Kicks: Northwood 4, Ohio Valley 7
TOP NU PERFORMERS
- Behring: Two goals
- Evola: Assist
- Behring's goals came in his first appearance of the season. The junior had a total of two goals in 36 career games coming into play today.
- The Timberwolves will host Purdue Northwest Friday (September 14). Match time is set for Noon.