SCORE: Northwood Timberwolves 2, Davenport University 1,
RECORDS: Davenport (1-5-1, 0-2 GLIAC), Northwood (4-2, 2-0 GLIAC)
LOCATION: Dean Field - Midland, Mich.
RECAP: Cameron Veazey's goal late in the first half lifts Northwood a 2-1 win over Davenport Sunday afternoon (September 16)
INSIDE THE GAME
- Northwood rewarded their early defense with a goal 20 minutes into the first half. Holding Davenport to zero shots, the Timberwolves capitalized on their third. Austin Hobbes sent a cross-field pass from the right sideline to the middle of the box where Andrew Behring was driving. He got his foot on the ball and deflected it into the middle of the goal to give Northwood a 1-0 lead.
- With just under five minutes left in the half, NU extended their lead with precision passing. From midfield, Teddy Stacey slid a beautiful ball through midfield to Cameron Veazey, who made good and fired a shot to the bottom right corner of the net to make it 2-0 Northwood.
- Just over a minute later, Davenport answered to gain some momentum going into halftime. A loose ball came out to midfield, and the Panthers were able to quickly capitalize with a shot that snuck through Corbin Cecchini to his left making it a 2-1 game after 45 minutes.
- Northwood had the better of the play in the second half, but neither team was able to find the back of the net, giving the Timberwolves the win.
- SHOTS: Northwood 14, Davenport 7
- SAVES: Davenport 3 (Haris Dzafic), Northwood 1 (Corbin Cechini)
- CORNER KICKS: Northwood 8, Davenport 2
- FOULS: Davenport 16, Northwood 14
- Northwood broke the tie in the series history and is now 3-2-1 against Davenport in the six matchups between the programs.
- Andrew Behring now has three goals this season after scoring two combined in his first 10 starts the last two years.
- Cameron Veazey scored his first career goal in his fifth game.
- The Timberwolves will travel to Wisconsin-Parkside Friday (September 21) for a matchup against the Rangers. Game time is set for 12 p.m.