OVERVIEW – SOUTHERN INDIANA
SCORE: Northwood Timberwolves 3, Southern Indiana Screaming Eagles 3
RECORDS: Northwood 1-0-1, Southern Indiana 0-1-1
LOCATION: Dean Field – Midland, Mich.
RECAP: Northwood plays Southern Indiana to a 3-3 draw Sunday afternoon (September 8)
- The Screaming Eagles got on the board first, going up 1-0 at the 23:23 mark.
- Late in the half, Northwood's Ryan Dobson netted his first career goal. His goal at the 43:26 mark off a pass from Jared Suddon tied the game at halftime.
- The Timberwolves took their first lead of the game early in second half. Austin Hobbs scored at 46:21, with Jack Doyle picking up the assist to give Northwood a 2-1 edge.
- The 73rd minute of the game both teams find the back of the net. USI tied the score at 72:27, only to see the Timberwolves take the lead back 30 seconds later. Doyle chipped a clever shot over the keeper to put Northwood back on top.
- Southern Indiana converted a set-piece in the 81st minute to tie the game, scoring off a free kick to make the score 3-3.
- Both teams had chances over the remainder of the game but were unable to convert.
- Shots: Northwood 18, Southern Indiana 12
- Saves: Northwood 4 (Corbin Cechinni), Southern Indiana 7 (Justin Faas)
- Corner Kicks: Northwood 8, Southern Indiana 4
- Doyle: Goal, Assist
- Dobson/Hobbs: Goal
- Evans/Suddon: Assist
- The Timberwolves will host Alderson Broaddus Friday (September 13). Game time is set for 3 p.m