OVERVIEW – SAGINAW VALLEY
SCORE: Saginaw Valley State Cardinals 1, Northwood Timberwolves 0
RECORDS: Northwood (6-4-1, 4-3-0 GLIAC), Saginaw Valley (7-3-1, 5-2-0 GLIAC)
LOCATION: Braddock Field – University Center, Mich.
RECAP: An early Northwood own goal leads Saginaw Valley to a 1-0 victory over the Timberwolves Friday afternoon (October 11).
- The lone goal of the game came just 5:02 into the contest. Off a free kick from 35 yards out, SVSU sent a dangerous ball into the area. That ball deflected off an NU defender and past the keeper for a 1-0 lead.
- The Timberwolves finished the game with more shots and more corner kicks, but were unable to find the equalizer over the final 85 minutes.
- Shots: Northwood 12, Saginaw Valley 9
- Saves: Northwood 4 (Corbin Cechinni), Saginaw Valley 4 (Mason Maziasz)
- Corner Kicks: Northwood 7, Saginaw Valley 5
- Fouls: Northwood 9, Saginaw Valley 6
- Cechinni's scoreless streak was snapped after 306:58 on the SVSU goal.
- Northwood has allowed only three goals in seven GLIAC games, but has gone 0-3 in games in which the allowed a goal in conference play. NU now has lost three games 1-0 in GLIAC play.
- The Timberwolves will travel to Davenport Friday (October 18). Match time is set for 4 p.m.