OVERVIEW – ASHLAND
SCORE: Northwood Timberwolves 2, Ashland Eagles 1
RECORDS: Northwood (8-4-1, 6-3-0 GLIAC), Ashland (4-8-0, 4-5-0 GLIAC)
LOCATION: Ferguson Field – Ashland, Ohio
RECAP: Northwood picks up 2-1 road win over Ashland Sunday afternoon (October 20).
- Northwood took the lead less than two minutes into the game. Freshman Kie Dyer netted his third goal of the season at 1:44 off an assist from Austin Hobbs to make the score 1-0.
- That proved to be the lone goal of the opening 45 minutes. Ashland held a 7-5 edge in shots in the first half while NU had a 4-0 advantage in corner kicks.
- Ashland found the equalizer at 64:30, but Dier had another answer less than a minute later. His second goal of the day came off an assist from Chase Clark and made the score 2-1.
- Neither team was able to find the back of the net the remainder of the game, giving the win to the Timberwolves
- Shots: Northwood 12, Ashland 14
- Saves: Northwood 9 (Corbin Cechinni), Ashland 2 (Hakeem Metzger)
- Corner Kicks: Northwood 6, Ashland 2
- Fouls: Northwood 14, Ashland 10
TOP NU PERFORMERS
- Dier: 2 goals (4)
- Hobbs/Clark: assist
- Northwood is now 4-1 on the season in road games. The Timberwolves have gone 4-3-1 in home contests.
- NU has now won five of their last six games, out-scoring their opponents 12-2 in those games.
- The Timberwolves are now in a three-way tie with Davenport and Saginaw Valley (18 points) for second place in the GLIAC, trailing only Parkside (19 points). Parkside has played one fewer game than the three teams in second place.
- The Timberwolves will host Parkside in a key conference match Friday (October 25). Match time is set for 2 p.m.