OVERVIEW – PARKSIDE
SCORE: Parkside Rangers 4, Northwood Timberwolves 2
RECORDS: Northwood (11-8-1), Parkside (12-5-2)
LOCATION: Art Keller Field – Kenosha, Wisconsin
RECAP: Northwood men's soccer sees its 2019 season come to an end with a 4-2 loss at Parkside in the semifinals of the GLIAC Tournament Friday afternoon (November 15).
- Northwood controlled the play early in the game, registering the only four shots of the opening 16 minutes.
- Parkside took over at that point, however, out-shooting Northwood 12-2 over the final 29 minutes.
- The player of the game proved to be Parkside's Jack Mittelsteadt. He netted goals at 36:01 and 41:21 to give WP a 2-0 lead at the break.
- WP continued to maintain the advantage early in second half, as Mittelsteadt scored two more in the opening five minutes after the break. He scored at 46:23 and 49:03 to make the score 4-0.
- After Parkside made the lead four, the Timberwolves got one back just 26 seconds later, as Kie Dyer found Ben Campbell, who beat the keeper for his fifth goal of the season.
- NU got the lead down to two in the 75th minute. Dyer netted his third of the season unassisted at 74:10.
- The Timberwolves had a few chances down the stretch but were unable to get any closer.
- Shots: Northwood 16, Parkside 18
- Saves: Northwood 7 (Corbin Cechinni), Parkside 6 (Juan Gonzalez)
- Corner Kicks: Northwood 5, Parkside 1
- Fouls: Northwood 13, Parkside 7
TOP NU PERFORMERS
- Dyer: Goal, assist
- Campbell: Goal
- The Timberwolves have concluded their season.