OVERVIEW – TUSCULUM
SCORE: Tusculum Pioneers 5, Northwood Timberwolves 1
RECORDS: Northwood (2-3), Tusculum (7-3)
LOCATION: Hilton Head Island, South Carolina
RECAP: Tusculum used a 3-0 lead after doubles to take a 5-1 victory over Northwood Tuesday afternoon (March 7).
INSIDE THE MATCH
- The Pioneers were the better team in doubles, winning 8-5 at both the second and third positions while taking an 8-4 contest at the No. 1 slot to go up 3-0.
- Tusculum picked up wins at No. 1 and No. 4 singles to earn the win.
- Northwood's lone point of the match came in memorable fashion at the No. 2 position. After NU's Kobus Sauerman and Tusculum's Yago Fernandez split the first two sets, the match came down to a super tiebreaker to 10. Sauerman eventually won the marathon tiebreaker 17-15 to get Northwood on the board.
- Northwood's victory came at the No. 3 slot.
- The matches at the No. 3, 5 and 6 position were unfinished.
- The Timberwolves will face Chowan Wednesday (March 8). First serve is set for 8 p.m.