OVERVIEW – CHOWAN
SCORE: Chowan 5, Northwood 4
RECORDS: Northwood (2-4), Chowan (4-4)
LOCATION: Hilton Head Island, South Carolina
RECAP: Northwood dropped a tight 5-4 match to Chowan Wednesday afternoon (March 8).
INSIDE THE MATCH
- Northwood won the opening match of the day at No. 3 doubles but dropped matches at the No. 1 and No. 2 slot to give Chowan the lead heading into singles.
- Singles was evenly played, with both teams winning three matches. Five of the six matches went straight sets, with the only match going the distance coming at the No. 1 position.
- Ivan Medvynskyi: 2-0 on the day.
- The Timberwolves finish their spring break trip with a match Friday (March 10) against Davis & Elkins. First serve is set for 9 a.m.
1. KALIAKPEROV,Adi (CU-B) def. Austin Woody (NU) 7-5, 4-6, 10-5
2. HAJIZADA,Farid (CU-B) def. Kobus Sauerman (NU) 6-1, 6-2
3. Francois Sauerrman (NU) def. IZYCKI,Mateusz (CU-B) 6-3, 6-2
4. David Reinauer (NU) def. YEH,Mariano (CU-B) 6-3, 6-4
5. GONCALVES,Rafael (CU-B) def. Lorenz Bialkowski (NU) 6-3, 6-1
6. Ivan Medvynskyi (NU) def. PROULX,Louis (CU-B) 6-1, 6-2
2. IZYCKI,Mateusz/YEH,Mariano (CU-B) def. Francois Sauerrman/David Reinauer (NU) 8-6