OVERVIEW – GRAND VALLEY STATE
SCORE: Grand Valley State Lakers 8, Northwood Timberwolves 1
RECORDS: Northwood (7-9, 3-3 GLIAC), Grand Valley State (16-6, 6-1 GLIAC)
LOCATION: Allendale, Mich. – GVSU Tennis Courts
RECAP: Grand Valley State posted an 8-1 victory over Northwood Sunday afternoon (April 9).
INSIDE THE MATCH
- Grand Valley State was the better team in doubles, taking all three matches. GVSU closed out a tough 9-7 win at the No. 2 match to earn the 3-0 lead.
- GVSU won five of the six singles matches to close out the match, with two of the victories coming in three sets.
- Northwood's victory in singles came at the No. 2 slot, with Kobus Sauerman taking a 6-1, 7-5 win.
- The Timberwolves will host Lake Superior State Friday morning (April 14). First serve is set for 10 a.m.
1. Sebastien Lescoulie (GV) def. Austin Woody (NU) 6-1, 6-3
2. Kobus Sauerman (NU) def. Zach Phillips (GV) 6-1, 7-5
3. Jack Geissler (GV) def. Francois Sauerman (NU) 2-6, 7-5, 12-10
4. Alex vande Steenoven (GV) def. David Reinauer (NU) 6-2, 6-2
5. Jack Heiniger (GV) def. Lorenz Bialkowski (NU) 6-1, 6-3
6. Nicholas Urban (GV) def. Ivan Medvynskyi (NU) 6-2, 4-6, 10-5