OVERVIEW – GRAND VALLEY STATE
SCORE: Northwood Timberwolves 5, Grand Valley State Lakers 0
RECORDS: Northwood (11-10), Grand Valley State (18-7)
LOCATION: Midland, Mich. – Greater Midland Tennis Center
RECAP: Sixth-seeded Northwood advanced to the GLIAC Tournament Championship match with a 5-0 win over second-seeded Grand Valley State Saturday (April 22).
INSIDE THE MATCH
- Northwood lost to Grand Valley State 8-1 in the regular season, largely because of the Lakers winning all three doubles matches. Today, the Timberwolves turned the tables on GVSU, as Northwood took all three matches.
- NU won 8-4 at No. 3 doubles before posting matching 8-5 victories at the top two positions to give Northwood a 3-0 lead heading into singles.
- The Timberwolves finished off the victory with two straight-set wins in singles at the No. 4 and No. 6 slots.
- David Reinauer: 2-0 on the day.
- The Timberwolves will take on No. 2 seed Grand Valley State in the semifinals Saturday (April 22). First serve is set for 3:45 p.m.
1. Sebastien Lescoulie (GV) vs. Austin Woody (NU) unfinished
2. Zach Phillips (GV) vs. Kobus Sauerman (NU) unfinished
3. Jack Geissler (GV) vs. Francois Sauerman (NU) unfinished
4. David Reinauer (NU) def. Alex vande Steenoven (GV) 6-2, 6-1
5. Jack Heiniger (GV) vs. Lorenz Bialkowski (NU) unfinished
6. Ivan Medvynskyi (NU) def. Nicholas Urban (GV) 6-2, 6-2