OVERVIEW – NO. 18 DRURY
SCORE: Drury Panthers 5, Northwood 0
RECORDS: Northwood (11-11), Drury (19-3)
LOCATION: Indianapolis, Ind. – UINDY Tennis Center
RECAP: Northwood dropped a 5-0 match to Drury to open the NCAA Division II Men's Tennis tournament Saturday (April 29).
INSIDE THE MATCH
- Drury, the No. 3 seed in the Midwest Region, entered match ranked No. 18 nationally and got off to a fast start in doubles against sixth-seeded Northwood. The Panthers picked up three wins to start things off to go up 3-0 heading into singles.
- The Panthers went on to close out the match with two victories in singles to earn the win.
- Drury will now play No. 2 seed Indianapolis in the second round.
- The match was the final contest for Midland native Austin Woody. The Midland Dow graduate earned All-GLIAC honors three times in his career (First Team – 2016, 2017, Honorable Mention – 2015).
1. #19 Maximilian Hepp (DU) vs. Austin Woody (NU) 6-4, 5-4, unfinished
2. Sebastien Amato (DU) vs. Kobus Sauerman (NU) 6-3, 6-5, unfinished
3. Nico Hadeler (DU) def. Francois Sauerman (NU) 6-2, 6-1
4. Paul Porcher (DU) vs. David Reinauer (NU) 7-6, 2-3, unfinished
5. Nico Sigloch (DU) def. Lorenz Bialkowski (NU) 6-2, 6-4
6. Sacha Mourier (DU) vs. Ivan Medvynskyi (NU) 6-2, 3-1, unfinished
Northwood 11-12; Regional ranking #6
Drury University 19-3; National ranking #18; Regional ranking #3
Order of finish: Doubles (2,3,1); Singles (5,3)
2017 NCAA Midwest Region First Round