OVERVIEW - NORTHWESTERN OHIO
SCORE: Northwood Timberwolves 5, Northwestern Ohio Racers 4
RECORDS: Northwood (1-0), Northwestern Ohio (1-1)
LOCATION: Greater Midland Tennis Center - Midland, Mich.
RECAP: Northwood opened their 2018 season with a 5-4 win over Northwestern Ohio Saturday afternoon (February 10).
INSIDE THE MATCH
- Northwood led 2-1 after a tightly-contested set of matches. The Timberwolves started the day with an 8-5 win at the No. 2 slot. The final two doubles matches each went to a tiebreaker, with each team picked up a win. The Racers picked up a win at the No. 1 position, while the Timberwolves were victorious at the No. 3 slot.
- The match remained close into singles, as the two teams split the six singles matches. Northwood picked up wins at the No. 1, No. 3 and No. 6 slots, while Northwestern Ohio won at the No. 2, 4 and 5 positions.
- The key match proved to be at the No. 3 singles, where David Reinauer won a three-set contest 3-6, 6-1, 7-6.
- Reinauer/Ben Brandherm: 2-0 on the day
- The Timberwolves will travel host Hillsdale Saturday (February 17). Match time is set for 6 p.m.