OVERVIEW – LAKE SUPERIOR STATE
SCORE: Northwood Timberwolves 5, Lake Superior State Lakers 4
RECORDS: Northwood (8-1, 1-0 GLIAC), Lake Superior State (5-4, 0-1 GLIAC)
LOCATION: Arbuckle Activities Center – Sault Ste. Marie, Mich.
RECAP: Northwood opened Great Lakes Intercollegiate Athletic Conference (GLIAC) play with a hard-fought 5-4 win at Lake Superior State Wednesday (March 21).
INSIDE THE MATCH
- All three doubles matches contested were extremely close. Northwood got the first win of the day at the No. 3 slot 8-6. The final two doubles matches each went to a tiebreaker, both of which were won by LSSU. The Lakers won 9-8 (6) at the No. 1 slot and 9-8 (3) at the No. 2 position to send the match with Lake Superior State leading 2-1.
- Northwood responded by winning four of the six singles matches.
- Two of Northwood's wins came in straight-sets (No. 1, No. 3), while NU's wins at the fourth and sixth slots came in the full three sets.
- Ben Brandherm: 2-0 on the day.
- This is Northwood's fourth 5-4 win on the season – NU is 4-1 overall in matches decided by a 5-4 score.
- The Timberwolves will host Lewis Saturday (March 24). Match time is set for 3 p.m.