SCORE: Walsh Cavaliers 4, Northwood Timberwolves 3
RECORDS: Walsh (3-1), Northwood (0-2)
LOCATION: Greater Midland Tennis Center – Midland, Mich.
RECAP: Northwood men's tennis falls in tight 4-3 match to Walsh Saturday afternoon (February 13).
INSIDE THE MATCH
- After Northwood won at No. 1 doubles and Walsh took the No. 3 match, the doubles point came down to the No. 2 contest. The Cavaliers took the match in a tiebreaker 7-6, giving Walsh a 1-0 lead.
- That point proved vital, as the team split the six singles matches.
- Northwood picked up straight-set wins at the No. 2, 3 and 4 positions.
- The Cavaliers picked up a three-set win at the No. 5 position to earn the overall win.
TOP NU PERFORMERS
- The Timberwolves will host Tiffin Sunday (February 14). First serve is set for Noon.
1. Jakob Riglewski (WU) def. Leon Grundstrom (NU) 6-3, 6-4
2. Ben Brandherm (NU) def. Clemens Wagner (WU) 6-1, 6-2
3. Mathis Violet (NU) def. Dawson Drummond (WU) 6-0, 7-6
4. Tony Henrio (NU) def. Filip Kulynych (WU) 7-6, 6-0
5. A. Medina Puigmarti (WU) def. David Sedlar (NU) 6-7, 7-5, 6-3
6. Pedro Campos (WU) def. Clayton Scott (NU) 6-1, 6-0