OVERVIEW: SVSU – NU Dual Meet / Meyo Invitational
EVENT: SVSU – NU Dual Meet / Meyo Invitational
LOCATION: Saginaw Valley State University, Saginaw, Mich. / University of Notre Dame, South Bend, Ind.
RECAP: The Northwood University track and field teams competed close to home on Saturday (February 4) as the teams were in action at nearby Saginaw Valley State University for the SVSU – NU Dual meet. Northwood's Rami Gharsilli and Elaina Meadows competed at the Notre Dame Meyo Invitational at the Loftus Sports Center in South Bend Ind.
INSIDE THE MEET
- Despite no team scoring in the event, the Northwood Timberwolves compiled two first place finishes and several impressive individual performances across various events when the times were tallied and final results were in.
- One of Northwood's two first place finishes came in the women's weight throw event as Carly D'Almeida captured the crown with a toss of 16.13m.
- Kara Young was the other Timberwolf that took home a first place finish with her performance in the women's 60 meter dash as the junior from Zephyrhills, Florida turned in a time of 7.79.
- Jennifer Mckenna continues to dazzle and add to her historic senior campaign as she captured yet another personal record in the mile event with a time of 5:06, a two second improvement of her previous PR and a second place finish for the event. The time posted by Mckenna was just two seconds behind All-American Taylor Stepanski of Saginaw Valley State University.
- An exciting finish to the men's shot put concluded with Northwood's Alex McIntosh capping a new personal record and an NCAA Provisional mark of 16.06m. The toss is also good enough for third all-time in program history.
- Rami Gharsalli competed at the Meyo Invitational at the University of Notre Dame and took home a second place finish in the 60 meter hurdles with a time of 7.95.
"It was another great day from our student athletes. The continued prs and consistency are keys to finishing the season strong and achieving all of our goals. Really proud of Alex McIntosh for a big breakthrough today and putting himself on the national list. Looking forward to the next few weeks as we set up for the conference championships"
The Timberwolves will compete at the GVSU Big Meet in Allendale, Mich. on Friday and Saturday (February 10 and 11.)