OVERVIEW: NCAA Championships
EVENT: NCAA Men's Weight Throw Championship
LOCATION: University of Alabama - Birmingham, Birmingham, Alabama
RECAP: Northwood men's track athlete, Paul Evans places 12th at the NCAA National Championships; earning Second Team All-American Honors.
INSIDE THE EVENT
- Paul Evans represented the Northwood Men's Track and Field Teams in the NCAA National Championships on Thursday evening (March 9).
- Evans capped a phenomenal junior campaign by placing 12th in the entire nation, and earning second team All-American Honors.
- The junior from Lennox, Michigan, registered a mark of 18.30, placing him amongst the nation's best and 12th overall.
- A testament to the depth of talent represented by the GLIAC nationally, 11 of the top 12 national finishers were from schools in the GLIAC.
- Evans mark as an All-American is the first time Northwood has had an All-American in the Weight Throw in five years, (Craig Borsenik)
Coach Zac Ball:
"I'm very proud of Paul's efforts today. He represented both his team and the University tremendously. To be a second team All-American is a great accomplishment and he should be very proud of that. I'm looking forward to seeing him continue this momentum into the outdoor season as well as as seeing what it can bring him and our team in the future."