OVERVIEW: Bucknell University and Drake University
EVENT: Bison Outdoor Classic and Jim Duncan Invitational
LOCATION: Bucknell University, Lewisburg, Pennsylvania. Drake University, Des Moines, Iowa.
RECAP: Carly D'Almeida and Paul Evans take home first place in the women's hammer throw and men's discus throw respectively as the track and field teams turn in solid performances over Easter weekend.
INSIDE THE MEET
BISON OUTDOOR CLASSIC (BUCKNELL UNIV.)
- Grant Harris improved his personal best in the 800m by 1.4 seconds to crack the top ten in Northwood history at number 10 all-time with a time of 1:55.54.
- Harris also ran a new personal best in the 1500 (4:02.75) to move into 8th all-time in school history.
- Jennifer McKenna improved on her outdoor personal best in the 800, she remains #3 in school history with the mark of 2:16.26.
- Tyler Jensen hit an NCAA provisional mark in the men's 10,000m with a time of 30:48, his second time doing so in the event.
JIM DUNCAN INVITATIONAL
- Carly D'Almeida captured first place in the women's hammer throw with her toss of 51.65m. The mark is a personal best for D'Almeida.
- Paul Evans earned first place honors in the men's discus throw while teammate Cody Patterson joined him on the podium by earning third in the event.
- Hannah Gearhart placed 9th in the women's hammer throw with a heave of 51.65m. The toss also marks a new PR for Gearhart and places her second all-time in school history.
- Riley Johnson and Hannah Gearhart placed 3rd and 6th in the women's discus throw where Gearhart also notched a new personal best.
- Cody Patterson and Paul Evans placed 2nd and 4th respectively in the men's hammer throw.
- Ben Quella placed 2nd in the men's javelin throw.
The Timberwolves will compete at the Al Owens Meet on Friday (April 21). The meet is hosted by Grand Valley State University in Allendale, Michigan.