OVERVIEW: Ashland Alumni Open │ Gina Relays
EVENT: Ashland Alumni Open │ Gina Relays
LOCATION: Ashland University, Ashland, Ohio │ Hillsdale College, Hillsdale, Mich.
RECAP: The Northwood track and field teams competed across the Midwest in both Ashland, Ohio and Hillsdale, Michigan as the teams narrow in on the GLIAC Championships next week.
INSIDE THE EVENTS
ASHLAND ALUMNI OPEN
- The Northwood throw team competed at the Ashland Alumni Open over the weekend and continued the steady pace in preparation for the GLIAC Championships next week.
- In the women's discus throw, Northwood's Riley Johnson placed 8th with a toss of 38.18 meters.
- Hannah Gearhart was right behind her teammate with a 10th place finish with a heave of 35.62 meters. Gearhart's throw marked a new personal best and places her sixth all-time in Northwood history.
- In the women's hammer throw, Carly D'Almeida placed fifth with a toss of 48.91 meters.
- In the men's hammer throw, Northwood's Cody Patterson completed a solid performance with a toss of 57.78 meters. The mark places Patterson #28 in the country and #3 in Northwood program history.
- The Timberwolves were also on the move in Hillsdale, Michigan at the Gina Relays for a final tune-up before the conference championships.
- Tyler Jensen broke the Northwood school record in the men's 5k with a time of 14:38.60. The record was set by Bob Gould and had stood for 27 years before Jensen's record-breaking performance. The time also marked a ten second personal best for Jensen as well as the fifth school record he has broken this season alone.
- In the women's long jump, Elaina Meadows placed fifth with a jump of 5.54 meters.
- In the women's high jump, Heaven Powell leaped 1.58 meters to grab a sixth place finish.
- In the women's 200 meter dash, Madison Arnouts turned in an impressive time of 25.53 seconds. The performance moves Arnouts to seventh all time in the Timberwolf record books for this event.
- Scott Loughlin shaved two seconds off his personal best in the men's 800 with a time of 2:02. Prior to this season, Loughlin's personal best was 2:09 in this event.
Coach Michael Roberts:
"This weekend was a productive two days of preparation. At this point in the season, it's all about narrowing our focus on the GLIAC Championships that are coming up next week. I am pleased with where are team is both mentally and physically and am anxiously anticipating the coming championships."
The Timberwolves compete at the GLIAC Championships beginning Wednesday (May 3).