OVERVIEW: SVSU Jet's Pizza Invitational / Findlay Indoor Track & Field Classic & Elite Throws
EVENT: SVSU Jet's Pizza Invitational
LOCATION: SVSU Fieldhouse – University Center, Mich.
RECAP: Northwood track and field saw an improved provisional mark to highlight competition at the SVSU Jet's Pizza Invitational Friday (January 26) and Saturday (January 27).
INSIDE THE MEET
- Senior weight thrower Paul Evans has improved each meet and continued to on Friday. Evans launched himself a new seasonal best and improved upon his NCAA provisional mark with a toss of 19.05 meters/62 feet-5 inches to finish third in the competition. He now sits ninth on the NCAA Division II qualifying list at the time of this article.
- Junior Rami Gharsalli matched his season best effort in the 60 meter hurdle prelims, clocking a 7.93. Gharsalli is currently fifth on the NCAA Division II qualifying list.
- Freshman Mason Phillips finished fourth in the long jump with a distance of 6.98 meters/22 feet-9 inches.
- Junior Heaven Powell had a clearance of 1.58 meters/5 feet-2 inches to finish in a tie for fifth place in the high jump.
EVENT: Findlay Indoor Track & Field Classic & Elite Throws
LOCATION: Malcolm Athletic Center – Findlay, Ohio
RECAP: Senior Carly D'Almeida competes in the elite section of the women's weight throw at Findlay Elite Saturday (January 27).
- D'Almeida had a top throw of 17.46 meters/57 feet-3.5 inches for the day in the weight throw. The women's weight throw elite section featured Division I, Division II, and post-collegiate competition.
The Timberwolves will travel to Saginaw Valley State for the SVSU vs. Northwood/Tiffin Triangular. Competition is set to start at 10:00 am.